If there’s one thing that people know about me, it is that I absolutely adore dogs. I always have I think. Even more so when Irish came into my life. I’m sure some people don’t understand what it’s like to love a dog so much. But I’m also certain a lot of other people know where I’m coming from.
So crazy dog mom that I am, I can’t help but spoil her (sometimes) and one of the ways I do is by making yummy-licious dishes for her. Here’s one that I’ve made far too often. It’s easy! It’s from Cooking the Three Dog Bakery Way cookbook. I made a few modifications because Irish can be finicky sometimes.
1/3 ground chicken
1 tbsp canola oil
2 medium potatoes
2-3 baby carrots
1 cup homemade chicken stock or canned, low sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Boil the potatoes and carrots until softened (Irish isn’t fond of eating veggies so I gotta make ’em soft and thin so it’s well incorporated in the dish). Otherwise skip this step.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a small casserole dish with canola oil.
3. Cook the chicken in the oil in a saute pan over medium heat until lightly browned.
3. Drain the potatoes and carrots.
4. Slice ’em up!
5. Layer the potatoes in the casserole dish, then the potatoes.
6. Pour the broth over the mixture.
7. Spread the chicken on top of the potatoes and carrots.
9. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Voila! It is done. Cool to room temperature before serving.
And now meet the uber duber cute critic.
She didn’t look up from the dish one bit. I guess that’s a two paws up!
P.S. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.